Sunday, February 2, 2014

Yesterday

Well today is Sunday morning but yesterday I was also pretty busy. So my day starting with me waking up at 6 A.M. And going on a run with all the beautiful things that surround me like this bad boy and this view: 
After my run I headed to the meeting point and then we all loaded into the buses to head to Pisa. Not only were there 16 Mount people there but there were also over 90 California kids. So it was a filled bus. It was a fun bus rude there where we got to see the beautiful Tuscan hills and vineyards on our way to Pisa. I'm not a big fan of Pisa because there is really only the tower and a giant cathedral. You actually have to pay to get into both. It is mad overpriced, like the whole city, I hate that. Plus there is like nothing to do and it's filled with a bunch of tourists. To be honest I don't really think the tower is that impressive. It was just the soil, that makes it lean and now they could fix it if they want too, but they just like money. It's not a great place. But I still smiled for the picture because I'm a good sport. 
And of course all those tourists doing the picture pose: 
Luckily we had an amazing tour guide who knew like 6 languages and was unbelievably funny. He took us through the cathedral and AIFS paid for it, which I loved. The cathedral was amazing. Definitely as breathtaking as the Florentine one, maybe even better. 
The baptistery was really cool as well and it had this amazing echoing done that could truly blow your mind:
I tried to go into the city but there was not enough time so I just stayed I in the piazza with the other tourists. Then we hopped on the bus and I was off to Lucca the walled city that I really enjoyed. It was a pretty city and we got some lunch there:
The lunch wasn't as good as some that I've had in the past but to be honest it was still really good! Afterwards we wandered around Lucca and got lost and ended up walking on the wall for a little bit: 
Me in between Kathleen and Darcy:
The city is beautiful and so hard to navigate. I hated being lost especially because we were the last people to get back... 10 minutes late. Luckily the buses waited for us! Afterwards we got back and I had a nice quiet dinner with Paul and Gina before going out to the six person girls apartment.
 The girls wanted to try out some of the more Italian bars so I went with them. The first place was Angie's Pub which I really liked but we were the youngest people in there and it was too quiet for the girls. I still really liked it:
So we headed to Red Garda which was hopping. It was so packed, and they had karaoke there. I ran into Joe Taylor (a friend of mine from back in the day) there and he is studying in Rome this semester and that was crazy. I'll hit him up when I'm in Rome later this semester. Then I ran into a girl that I had met while in New York in December. So that was pretty sick, and we hung out for a little and then I walked some of the girls home and then went to sleep. Another great day in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment