Sunday, February 2, 2014

End of the 1st day of classes

So the first day of classes ended on Thursday and it was definitely very interesting. Italy and China has some exciting parts (which I'm assuming will just be the Mafia part) and the senses classes looks extremely interesting. In the senses part we learn about everything Italian that we sense from food to fashion to the tone Italians speak in and I'm personally pretty excited. In between those two classes, I went back to my room and had some Italian lunch meat on fresh bread. My lunch:
After both of these sociology classes and lunch I had my first Italian life and culture class. It was on the history of Florence and I thought it was an amazing lecture. Our teacher was so passionate and I thought everything she talked about was pretty interesting. The history of Florence actually started with Ceasar forming the city as like a place for military veterans and then we went through it's medieval, then it's renaissance and lastly it's recent history. I was in it the whole time. After class I wanted to visit the uffizi for the last hour that it was open. Unfortunately the museum decided to close early and so I missed it. After that we decided to go to mass at an old monastery. I got there a little early for vespers and then mass followed. During mass an alarm went off because somebody in the back got to close to a painting and the alarm was so loud and went on for like a good 15 seconds. The priest didn't even move. We then went to a pretty good dinner where I used a voucher. I got Bruschetta and Pasta Ragu and they were both pretty tasty. The Bruschetta: 
La Spaghetti Ragu รจ bounissimi e squisiti! :
Then we headed to Karaoke at the Lion's Fountain, where Lauren (a girl in our program) sang don't stop believing: it was great. That's about where we called it a night. I would say it wasn't too bad of a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment