Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The first Sunday

Well Sunday was essentially wasted because I decided to be a bum. I didn't get up until around 12:30, and then I typed about my blog for three hours. Afterwards I went for a quick run to piazza Michelangelo, where the view is still fantastic. night) 
People do some odd things in the rain too here: 

 After some lunch meats and other foods I showered and prepared for mass. Mass has been one of the things I've been most excited for while in Italy. How could you not be excited, the churches here are stunning! I was planning on going to a different church every Sunday while here. Even though there were no English masses left we decided to go to mass at the Duomo (which is the cathedral) at 6 p.m. It was unbelievably difficult to find the entrance but after a brief and terrible talk with two Italian security guards I was let in. Mass was pretty awesome but the organ made it a little ominous. The mass was in Italian, but there was a translation next to it, so I could understand. All together it's an amazing church and it was great getting to go to such a wonderful mass. I really am very blessed to have the opportunity to do this. After mass we came back and hit our neighborhood bakery for some sweets: 
Then we made a nice little dinner. After that we got to end the night with some gelato (the best way to end a night)
while my roommate stayed up to watch the Super Bowl. It might have been a lazy day but it was a lazy day in Florence which is always a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment