Monday, January 27, 2014

At the apartment 1st day

So I just got to the apartment I'll be living in for the next three months and I'm not gonna lie: it's not too shabby. 
The layover in Frankfurt was five hours of terribleness. Kathleen, John-Paul and I hung out with the kid that he sat next to on the plane, Josh. We stopped at a bar and I had a quick German beer and then got some chocolate. The beer was really good, although it instantly tired me out. I got some chocolate and then Josh set off headed to Prague. The chocolate was very potent and I couldn't eat a large amount of it. After Josh left we decided to go to our where we sat for two hours to wait for our flight to begin boarding (it was not fun). Another girl in our study abroad program that had flown from New York to Frankfurt and would flying from there, with us, to Florence. 
This was us at a German bar^
The flight from Frankfurt to Florence was honestly not as good as the other one, probably because I was so sleepy and my body was just really warn out. I had like a weird dream thing going on throughout the whole two hour flight, it was weird. 
As we got to Florence, it was raining quite a bit and our luggage got really wet, but it wasn't too bad. We actually didn't have to get our passports stamped which I felt was really weird, and then we waited for our ride to get to the airport and he was a really cool guy named Todd. He married a Florentine woman and then moved back to Florence with her and learned Italian through immersion, and now he gives tours on wine, which I feel like is pretty cool. 
My apartment is really very cool and I feel like it's pretty modern. A lot of the stuff in the apartment reminds us how expensive energy is in Italy and how as shouldn't waste it ever. We have a decent view of a typical Tuscan street:

I like the apartment a lot: 

No comments:

Post a Comment