Monday, November 11, 2013

So this crazy thing happened after I made my last post. AIFS emailed everyone in our group to talk about an optional tour to Sorrento. Sorrento was the only tour that I really wanted to go on because it was headed to Capri and apparently it is stunningly beautiful, so I was pretty pumped. I was under the impression that there would be three optional trips run by AIFS. I thought they would be Venice, Sorrento and Rome. I was alright with missing the trip to Venice. I've been to Venice twice already and I've never really liked it for a lot of different reasons. It was not that pretty when I've gone because its been summertime both times and the water level was really low. So you could actually see all the green gross stuff on the canal roads. Also it smelled really bad, and there was no place to go to the bathroom, which a lot of people don't think about. It was mad expensive there as well, way overrated, and not much to do after seeing St. Mark's Square. Rome is pretty cool because there is so much to see there and I wouldn't mind going back and seeing it again especially with a tour guide from AIFS. I went on two AIFS type trips when I lived in London and they were pretty great so I was definitely looking forward to these trips, especially Sorrento. As I've said, I know it is important to plan really early and to just be ready. It seems this time I panned a little too early because the trip to Sorrento happens to be the same weekend I'm going to be in Paris. That is literally terrible. I really wanted to go to Sorrento with AIFS people and now I doubt anyone will want to go with me now if they are all going with AIFS and if they are all going to Sorrento the weekend I'll be in Paris, they will not be able to go to Paris with me and I really don't want to go to Paris by myself. The whole timing of that seemed really unfortunate, I honestly don't know if there is anything I can do about it, but I will check with Easyjet. Not only that but Sorrento will be the only optional trip for this semester, which is also terrible. I guess I will just roll with the punches and maybe somebody would rather go with me to Paris, but I doubt it.I'm still really excited to go to Florence and I'm still planning a lot of stuff. Oh crap, I think I meet with the AIFS lady like really soon so I should probably check on that. Arrivederci.

No comments:

Post a Comment